Father and Child Embrace

Father and Child Embrace

Monday, October 28, 2013

Sunday, October 20, 2013 - 7:00PM

It was very late by the chance I got to get out and take pictures this evening.  It seems I'm always fighting for the last remaining beams of sunlight when I've taken shots recently.  I think part of it is a conscious decision to photograph at sunset and get some pretty colors captured.  But the other half is just simply not having enough time to snap pics in general and that's really the only opportunity I get to shoot.  For this shoot, like most times, I don't have any real direction that I'm heading to when I walk out the door.  I just have the intention to capture candid shots of people in my shots so I typically end up going north in the general direction of downtown.  After a few minutes of random lollygagging around town, I made the conscious decision to go to Harris Riverfront Park.  Since there was a very pretty sunset forming and I hadn't got to shoot the Ohio River up to that point, I thought it was a good idea.

Upon getting there, I happened upon some kids (some past and current HHS students) sitting around on the sidewalk beside the restrooms watching each other perform tricks on their boards.  I tried to get a good group picture of the kids, but with the sunlight quickly fading, I couldn't capture a good enough pic without having a little blur.  But I did take a few shots of one particular skater in general.  He was very excited to get his picture taken and was very animated when I took his shots.

Skater points at the camera at Harris Riverfront Park, October 20, 2013

Skater flashes a peace sign at Harris Riverfront Park, October 20, 2013

 
With the last few gasping rays of sunlight remaining, I went down to the amphitheater and tried to capture the stunning beauty of the sunset, the Ohio River, and the bridge together in unison.  It just so happened that the three bikers were strolling by as I was taking this shot and their appearance in the picture is well timed in respect to composition of the photo.


No comments:

Post a Comment