Father and Child Embrace

Father and Child Embrace

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Monday, Nov. 18, 2013 - En route to photo class on Hal Greer Blvd

So, I was on my way to photo class this past Monday and I glimpsed over and saw a young "hippie" girl walking down Hal Greer Blvd. with a djembe strapped over her shoulder and no shoes on.  I essentially merged left immediately and put on my turn signal to turn left and turn around to catch up with her to see if she'd let me take her picture.  There were some upset people behind me honking their car horn as I waited at the stoplight, because the sign said no left turn, but I did it anyways, because I couldn't let this opportunity pass me up.  I finally turned around and parked my car at Advance Auto on Hal Greer and hurried up to catch up to the young hippie girl.  I got her attention after shouting at her a few times and got her to turn around.  I think at first she was a bit alarmed, but as soon as I told her my name and what my project was about, she warmed up rather quickly and was very receptive to me taking her pictures.  She said that she wasn't from Huntington and was trying to get to Chicago.  She kind of looked like a prototypical New-Age hippie festival girl, but was very sweet and smiled a lot when I talked to her.  I took about 50 pictures, but some of them didn't turn out very well, since I was still struggling with getting my exposure just right.  But here five pictures that I took of her which I felt expressed the range of emotion she displayed in the 10-15 minutes that I was there talking to her and snapping away.

Hippie girl looks up on Hal Greer Blvd.

Hippie girl smirks on Hal Greer Blvd

Hippie girl looks away on Hal Greer Blvd

Hippie girl looks surprised on Hal Greer Blvd.

Hippie girl smiles on Hal Greer Blvd.

No comments:

Post a Comment